This policy explains how and when dezignsite.com collects personal information, what we do with it and your right to see or change it.
- We don’t use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the ‘site’ except as set out in this policy, or as otherwise set out somewhere on the ‘site’ (including in terms linking to the ‘site’).
Collection, storage and use of personal information
No need to disclose personal information: You can use the ‘site’ without disclosing any personal information.
Your disclosure of personal information
You may choose to disclose contact information to us when you give feedback or in submission forms. This information can be viewed by site administrators, The ‘site’ staff and sometimes third-party contractors who administer or work on the ‘site’, or who work on special projects with us. Don’t send us sensitive personal information or include any sensitive personal information in submission forms.
Holding of information
- If you provide personal information, it’s held by the ‘site’. It may be shared with third-party contractors to the extent necessary for them to administer or work on the ‘site’, or to work on special projects with us. Email addresses are not made available to the public.
- Unless required by law, we won’t publicise the names or email addresses of individuals who provide feedback to us or who provide us with submission forms without their consent.
Use of personal information
We’ll only use personal information provided to us for the purpose of :
- administering, evaluating and improving the ‘site’
- improving our services, and
- communicating with you, including responding to your feedback and information provided in submission forms.
Feedback is important and is used to evaluate and improve the ‘site’. If you provide feedback by email, that feedback is sent to appropriate ‘site’ staff. We may pass on relevant comments to other people within the ‘site’ who administer or contribute content to it. This could include your email address and other identifying information that you’ve provided.
If you provide us with a submission form, that submission form will be sent to appropriate internal staff. We may pass on relevant content from that submission form to other people within the ‘site’, other government agencies or third parties who administer or are participating in the particular project or consultation that the submission form relates to. This could include your email address and other identifying information.
Statistical Information And Cookies
Statistical information collected
We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the ‘site’. This information is aggregated and doesn’t identify you personally. It includes :
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you visited on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the ‘site’
- the referring site (if any) from which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system, for example Linux Ubuntu, MacOS, iOS, Windows
- the type of web browser you use, such as Brave, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari.
- other things like your screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
Use of statistical information
The statistical information referred to above can be viewed by site administrators and certain other ‘site’ staff. It may also be shared with other government agencies.
- We use Google Analytics on our website to track your actions and help us optimise our site for conversions and usability. While we can see data gathered over a timeframe, we do not collect personally identifying information from any source as part of the terms of service of Google Analytics.
- A condition of our use of Google Analytics is that we make reasonable endeavours to bring to your attention the following statement :
Do Not Track
If you are using a modern browser, you have the option to enable a “Do Not Track” feature in the browser’s privacy settings. This has no effect on whether we collect any information you directly submit to us, but may restrict our ability to measure your anonymous path through our website or certain information about your browser/operating system. If you would like to enable Do Not Track, you can read more information about it here.
This site generates persistent session cookies (that is, they have an expiry date and are removed on that date) for the purpose of monitoring site usage. The cookies don’t collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the ‘site’.
Records And Disclosure Statement
Public records, official information and parliament
Your emails and contributions to the ‘site’ may constitute public records and be retained to the extent required by the Public Records Act 2005. The ‘site’ may also need to disclose those materials under the Official Information Act 1982 or to a Parliamentary Select Committee or parliament in response to a parliamentary question.
Correcting Your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access and ask us to correct any of your personal information provided to the ‘site’ in connection with your use of this site.
Contact Us if :
- you would like to see or change your personal information the ‘site’ has stored, or
- you have any concerns regarding your privacy.
The ‘site’ may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
If you have a Privacy Complaint :
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner. Contact details for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner :